Today I stopped by Fox 19 Morning News to talk about cruises. Wave Season is coming up and that's a great time to get a fantastic deal! Here are some of my suggestions when looking for a cruise
News Video: http://www.fox19.com/clip/10840925/cruise-planning-help
When is the best time to cruise?
- For the Caribbean the best time for great weather and smaller crowds would be April-May and September-January (excluding holiday weeks)
- Prices are lower than the peak season, which runs June-August, and Thanksgiving/Christmas Weeks.
- Fall is often the best time to get last-minute cruise deals.
- Hurricane Season is June-October, so your cruise could be re-routed if you run into bad weather.
- Other destinations like Hawaii, Europe, Alaska and South America have their own high and low seasons
When is the best time to book?
- November is a great time to book for last minute Fall Cruises
- Wave Season is January-March when the cruise lines offer some fantastic promotions.
What is the best ship?
This depends on the experience you want.
- Princess Cruise Line offers Small Ships that are more intimate and go to some lesser known ports. This is great for a quiet romantic vacation with options for personalized shore excursions and unique experiences.
- Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean are offering mega ships with everything from Skydive simulators, onboard ziplines, ropes courses, ice bars, bowling alleys, endless dining options and incredible entertainment. These ships also have some of the best children’s programs at sea.
- Disney Cruise Line offers something for everyone. They have an adults-only area for relaxation time, Disney Character experiences onboard and top-notch entertainment.